Storage units are becoming a hit in the moving industry. People have realized that storage units can give them the space that they direly need. After all, all that you have to do today in Florida in order to rent a storage unit is to check for them online. When you find them close to you, make sure you get the true storage unit cost in Florida. After that, there are certain steps that you can take. Some of them should be mandatory by your own standards. Other steps can be skipped. Still, in order get the true value out of your storage unit, you should try to do as much as you can in order to use it efficiently. Therefore, we will take a look at storage unit cost in Florida.
Storage unit sizes
In order to choose the best storage unit for you, make sure that you are aware of how big or how small a storage unit you need. One of the most common mistakes that people make is that they hire the one that does not fit them. Sometimes they rent one that is too small. At other times they misjudge their items and choose too big ones. In order to make sure that you are renting the tight one make sure that you keep a track of the following sizes.
Size indeed matters
Following are the sizes that you should be paying attention to when choosing storage space with cross country moving companies Florida.
- What is the size of your items? In order to rent the best storage unit for you, you should know how much space you are going to need. With the goal of finding out, you should take your items and measure them. Sum it all up and you will see how much space you are going to require.
- Another thing to pay attention to when it comes to size is to think in an open-minded manner. Make sure that you are aware whether you are going to need to store more items in your rented storage unit in the near or far future. In case that in that in that there is a possibility that you are going to need more space in the near future, you might want to bite the bullet and choose a bigger storage right away. If this is not the case, then opt for a smaller one in the beginning. It will be easy to upgrade later on.
- Make sure that you are aware of the sizes of storage units. They may come in sizes that are as small as bank vaults and can be bigger than your home. Therefore, make sure that you choose the right one.
Let’s take a look at available storage units in Florida in the following paragraphs. For your information, long distance movers Florida offer this service more often than not.
Storage unit cost in Florida
Miami long distance movers offer a range of available storage units of different size. Luckily, storage space is standardized. This means that anywhere you go, you will find at least one of three available sizes of storage units:
5’x5 Storage unit cost in Florida
This is obviously the smallest possible self-storage space that you can get in Florida. Therefore, these are going to be the cheapest ones as well. Now, cheap does not necessarily mean the most affordable as well. Bear in mind that sometimes long distance moving companies Orlando offer you a free first month of the rent if you sign a long-term contract. If you decide to upgrade after the first month, this trial period is over. Therefore, make sure that you are choosing the right sized storage space for you. Sometimes it is better to rent a bigger one as well.
Average price for a storage space of this size spans between $40 and $60 per month. The price varies depending on the location of the storage unit, its accessibility, and security. Sometimes, young moving companies will offer a discount in order to attract customers. If that occurs to you, make sure that you take advantage of the situation and save money.
10’x5′ Storage unit cost in Florida
The mid-sized storage units offer you a great opportunity to store some of your items that you will not be using in the following period. That period can span from months to years. Also, this is a unit that can fit some of your electrical appliances. They offer a great return on investment, especially if you get them on a bargain price. Prices for such storage units in Florida go from $60 to above $100, discount not included.
10’x10′ Storage unit cost in Florida
These are the largest storage units that you are going to be able to rent in Florida. Given the fact that they are the biggest ones on the market, they are also going to be the most expensive ones as well. Therefore, make sure that you actually need this large storage unit before signing a contract. It is going to be difficult to find storage units of this size for a price of less than $100 per month. More often then not they are going to be listed at about $120 on average. Still, bear in mind that they can cost a lot more.
What to pay attention to when renting a storage unit
When you are renting a storage unit, you are going to try to get it as cheaply as possible. There are some steps that you can take in order to make them even cheaper. The key is to go green in your storage unit. Going green saves you a lot of money. It is not that difficult either. You should:
- Switch light bulbs for energy-efficient ones.
- Isolate your storage unit with cardboard.
- If you have moved recently, reuse your cardboard boxes to separate items in your storage space.
Lastly, make sure that your storage unit and your stuff inside are insured. Should anything happen, you will want storage unit cost in Florida to cover that expenses that you might have.