Moving Solutions Made Accessible To Everyone
Verified Movers is a business that is devoted to bringing together moving companies across the US and people with unique individual moving needs. As such, we make it our goal to give ALL site visitors equal opportunities to use our resources in their pursuit of the ideal moving solutions.
Our team is committed to ensuring that everyone, including persons with disabilities, has full access to our digital offer. That is why we conform to the standard of Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.1 A/AA.
What we have done to improve accessibility
Our focus on meeting customers’ growing website accessibility needs reflects our ongoing commitment to providing optimal digital experiences for all audiences. Here are the steps we took to ensure that:
- Non-text content: Concise alt text for images on the website, names for clickable fields and buttons (e.g. Submit, input fields, etc.)
- Information and relationships: Valid and proper HTML, clear labels or descriptions for all forms; content structured and divided with subheadings.
- Meaningful sequence: Navigation menus separate from content, use of valid HTML, use of headings and bullet lists, arranged paragraphs in order, use of Breadcrumb navigation, and text format with left alignment.
- Color usage: Avoiding color references in content (e.g. instructing users to click a green button).
- No keyboard tap: Enabled navigation control with arrow or “Tab” key.
- Page titles: Unique and descriptive titles for each page on your site.
- Focus order: Elements such as pages on your navigation placed in an order that is logical.
- Link purpose in content: Easy-to-understand anchor text that aligns with the surrounding text; Anchor text that describes the purpose of the link.
- On focus: Required user action, like a mouse click to open a link, for responses to happen (removed auto-submit form fields.)
- On input: Eliminated any instances that remove a user’s control when interacting with an element.
- Error identification: Providing users with explanations for errors and instructions on how to fix those errors. Placed error explanations near the error, like a required field.
- Labels and/or instructions: Provided helpful instructions for completing input fields.
- Contrast option: Using a light background and dark text or vice versa.
- Resize text option: Enabled resizing of text – plugin option
- Text images: Eliminated images that use images of text to convey content.
- Finding pages: Added an HTML sitemap, logical navigation menu, navigation menu consistent across your site.
We have also installed an accessibility plugin that enables site visitors with disabilities to adjust pages to their personal preference in terms of font resizing and contrast settings (choose color, invert colors, underline and/or highlight links, greyscale images, keyboard navigation, remove animations or styles, lights off, clear cookies).
Shortcuts for navigating the plugin more easily:
- Alt+Z – open accessibility sidebar
- Alt+X – close accessibility sidebar
What we are still working on
While Verified Movers strives to adhere to the accepted guidelines and standards for accessibility and usability, it is not always possible to do so in all areas of our online experience. That being said, there are accessibility elements that our team is still working on:
- Alt text for images: There still might be images that lack a proper alt text, but we are in the process of editing them.
- Contrast: Certain website pages might be lacking terms of contrast, but we are looking into this matter. However, the plugin we installed offers site visitors the ability to modify contrast settings on each page.
- Font size: There might be pages with smaller font sizes or different styles, which is also something that the plugin we installed can help fix.
- Link visibility: Certain links might be difficult to spot, but can be identified with ease through the use of underline and highlight link options in the plugin.
verifiedmovers.com is compatible with all major Internet browsers, including Chrome, Firefox, and Safari. Internet Explorer and other older browser versions might not be fully compatible and users might experience functionality issues as a result of that.
Verified Movers has appointed a Web Accessibility Coordinator to help meet the objectives in this policy.
Verified Movers distributes this policy to all personnel who work with web content including writers, editors, designers, and developers.
Auditing and testing
Verified Movers has an in-house team of experts that perform annual audits as well as automated and user testing to assess and improve web accessibility.
Through genuine effort and commitment including testing, evaluations, consulting, and remediation, we believe verifiedmovers.com adheres to best practices for compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
For more information on web accessibility and legal requirements, here are helpful resources:
We welcome any feedback you might have for us
Verified Movers is a team that relies on its ability to communicate with others. We like to be involved and help others. Write to us about all accessibility-related inquiries or additional ADA compatibility suggestions that you might have at [email protected].