What is there to explore in Ohio?
Although Ohio has 16 metro areas, the most identifiable and popular ones come down to Columbus, Cleveland, and Cincinnati. People are drawn to other smaller cities and towns in the state for business, arts and culture, diversity, outstanding universities and more.
Here’s an overview of the main cities you might want to consider before you call up interstate movers in Ohio:
- Columbus - Ohio’s capital and largest city is located in the middle of the state. The population is 750,000 city residents, with 1.6 million living in the Greater Columbus area.
- Cleveland - located in northeastern Ohio on the shores of Lake Erie. Home to the Cavaliers and Browns, Cleveland is the second-largest Ohio city.
- Cincinnati - with a population of over two million in the metropolitan area, and 296,943 within the city limits, this is Ohio’s third-largest city. The home of the Bengals is located in the southwestern corner of the state on the banks of the Ohio River.
Cross country moving companies Ohio guidelines
With any move, detailed planning is crucial, so it’s never too early to start preparations for your interstate relocation:
- Make sure your mail arrives at your new home once you pack those moving boxes and move to Ohio. Al you have to do is fill out the USPS change of address form online.
- Explore our website for detailed access to moving quotes, packing service, and consumer reviews - the safest way to find andhire state to state moving companies.
- Plan to avoid rush hours, Mondays and Fridays - because areas have their share of high-traffic times and congestion.
- You don't need any special permits when you plan a move to Ohio. However, if your new home is in one of the metropolitan areas, you should apply for a residential parking permit on the official website of the city.
- The weather in Ohio varies from area to area but all four seasons overlap. Summers can be stifling and should be considered before a move. Unpredictable winters that are also nothing strange in Ohio. Other things to consider when it comes to weather are spring and early fall thunderstorms and tornadoes. So, try to schedule your cross country moving companies Ohio in milder weather.