With many options for housing and schools, Virginia has much to offer. The Washington, D.C. area consistently boasts one of the lowest unemployment rates in the country. Whether it’s the opportunities for government jobs, jobs with government contractors, and/or jobs servicing the government and its contractors, you have it all here. So, if you have your eyes set on this lovely state, you might as well make the most out of your relocation. And to do that, Verified Movers can offer to match you with some of the best cross country moving companies Virginia has to offer. We can also connect you with long distance moving companies Virginia, in case you need a move across this state, so rely on us and check out our database!
With Verified Movers, you will easily find the best cross cross country movers Virginia offers
Moving is known to be one of the most stressful periods in a person’s life. With plenty of tasks and no lack of deadlines, this is easy to understand. However, that does not mean that you need to have such an experience. By hiring one of the most reliable cross country movers Virginia has to offer, you are allowing yourself to have peace of mind, knowing it will all work out just fine. And, with Verified Movers, you will be able to reach the ideal moving team in no time.
Old Dominion lifestyle
Most people both in and out of Virginia these days are moving long distance to Northern Virginia because of its vicinity to Washington, D.C. area. However, Virginia is more than just a satellite community for people working in Washington, D.C. Several other popular communities in Northern Virginia include:
- Crystal City
However, you should consider your likely commute from your workplace if you do have a job lined up. And you should do this before you search for cross country movers Virginia has to offer. Because if you do not carefully plan the location of your new home, commuting between Northern Virginia and Washington, D.C. can waste a lot of time. So, you might want to think about moving to a neighborhood near a metro line that is also accessible to your job.
Bear in mind, however, that Virginia does have a higher standard in terms of cost of living. So, your budget might not be able to match the ideal housing solution near a metro line. And even though you might have to switch trains to get around, you still have absolute freedom to explore the state without having to drive around.
The cost of cross country relocation with interstate moving companies in Virginia
As we have mentioned above, the cost of your interstate relocation is calculated based on the weight of your items and the distance between the two places. However, these are not the only things that can affect the price of your move. The more complex your move is the higher the price is going to be. Also, if you choose specialty moving services, like auto moving or pool moving services, this will add up to your final price.
Therefore, you will not pay the same when moving from Virginia to Nevada and when moving from Virginia to Delaware. To move to Nevada, you will pay from $2530 to $3170, while to Delaware this move would cost you $650 – $820.
The average relocation cost
Moving from Virginia to Georgia
- Studio apartment $420 – $530
- One-bedroom home $700- $880
- Two bedroom home $1010 – $1270
Moving from Virginia to Washington
- Studio apartment $420 – $530
- One-bedroom home $700 – $880
- Two bedroom home $1010 – $1270
Moving from Virginia to North Carolina
- Studio apartment $900 – $1130
- One-bedroom home $1200 – $1500
- Two bedroom home $1530 – $1920
- Studio apartment $1170 – $1470
- One-bedroom home $1480 – $1860
- Two bedroom home $1830 – $2300
- Studio apartment $2180 – $2740
- One-bedroom home $2550 – $3200
- Two bedroom home $2950 – $3700
- Studio apartment $1540 – $1940
- One-bedroom home $1880 – $2350
- Two bedroom home $$2240 – $2820
Everything you need to know about moving your business to Virginia
Often moving a business to another place means growth. This is a moment that needs to be celebrated. To ensure you have a good start on your new journey you need a team of professional commercial movers from Virginia. Every business has expensive equipment that needs to be handled carefully. And we know just the right movers for the job. All you need to do is contact us and tell us your expectations and we will make sure to find you cross country moving companies in Virginia that will provide you with everything you need. There are many advantages to starting and/or moving your business to Virginia. The state has a booming economy and moderate taxes which is great for businesses.
How to legally set up a business in Virginia
Let’s take a look at the legalities that you need to take care of before relocating your business to Virginia.
- First, you need to pick the name for your business and decide on the legal entity. To verify if the name has not been already taken, you can go to the Chamber of Commerce website and run a search.
- The next step is to register your business with the Commonwealth of Virginia. The process of registration depends on the legal entity that you have chosen.
- Get the federal employer identification number (EIN). You need this number in order to open a bank account and file for taxes. You can easily get this number by applying on the IRS website. Moreover, if you want to know more about the tax regulations in Virginia, all you need to do is visit the Virginia Department of Taxation website, and you will find all the necessary information. You can also register your business online and pay taxes.
- Get the necessary licenses and permits. Which permits you will need to apply for depends on the type of business you have. Obtaining them is necessary in order to avoid any legal issues. You can apply through the Virginia Department of Professional and Occupational Regulation website. You will find all the information about the licenses and other documentation that you need to get in order to legally operate.
Look for Virginia interstate movers that can provide you with a variety of moving services
Interstate moving companies in Virginia can provide you with a set of comprehensive moving services. Each service is unique and has its purpose. Moving services are there to make every part of the moving process simple. Here are the moving services that you can get from interstate movers Virginia has to offer:
- Residential moving services – Let’s say that you are planning on moving from Virginia to Ohio with your family. In this case, you would call residential movers to help you. They will know how to relocate your family heirlooms safely across the country.
- Commercial moving services – Moving a business from one state to the other is quite a challenge. But with commercial movers by your side, you will have nothing to worry about. They will move all your fragile office equipment easily.
- Packing services– To ensure that your items arrive in the perfect condition the best thing to do is opt for packing services. Cross country movers in Virginia use high-quality moving supplies and use the latest packing techniques. For example, if you are moving from Virginia to Connecticut this is an 8h ride, therefore, you want to make sure that items are properly secured.
- Piano moving services – Your instrument requires special attention. It is not just bulky but also fragile. Piano movers specialize in moving instruments, therefore, they will know how to transport them to your desired location.
- Auto moving services – Almost everyone uses a car in Virginia to commute. Therefore, the number of people that need car moving services is high. The safest way to move a car is by using auto moving services. You can hop on a plane and let professionals take care of this.
Cross country moving companies by cities in Virginia
- Cross country moving companies Virginia Beach
- Cross country moving companies Chesapeake
- Cross country moving companies Norfolk
- Cross country moving companies Richmond
- Cross country moving companies Arlington
- Cross country moving companies Newport News
- Cross country moving companies Alexandria
- Cross country moving companies Hampton
- Cross country moving companies Lynchburg
- Cross country moving companies Portsmouth
- Cross country moving companies Dale City
- Cross country moving companies Centreville
- Cross country moving companies Reston
- Cross country moving companies Roanoke
- Cross country moving companies McLean
- Cross country moving companies Harrisonburg
- Cross country moving companies Woodbridge
It doesn’t matter if you are a frequent mover or not you might still have some questions about the cross country relocations. Each relocation is unique, therefore, it is natural to ask many questions. Here we will present you with some of the most asked questions. You will understand the basics of moving, and know what to expect once you decide to relocate. Moreover, Verified Movers will match you with professional interstate moving companies Virginia residents love that will be there for you to answer any additional questions that you might have.
How far in advance should I schedule my relocation with interstate movers in Virginia?
It is ideal to book your relocation 2 months in advance. This gives you and your movers enough time to organize your relocation properly. However, this is not a strict rule that you must follow. This is just the ideal scenario. Of course, if you know the date of your move even before, feel free to contact your movers. Also if you need to move last minute, interstate moving companies Virginia offers can help you with this too. They are experienced enough, therefore, they are, capable of executing emergency moves flawlessly.
Are there any items that interstate movers Virginia has to offer won’t/cant’ relocate?
This is one of the most important things to learn before you schedule your relocation with interstate movers Virginia has to offer. All hazardous and flammable items cannot be transported. Apart from that, plants and pets are not allowed in the moving truck. This is because each state has different rules and regulations when it comes to importing plants and pets. For this reason, make sure to explore alternative options in order to transport your pets and plants to another state.
Are delays common and under what circumstances can they happen?
Even the most reputable and experienced movers can have some delays, however, those delays are not frequent, and are not predictable. Some of the things that can cause a delay are traffic, weather conditions, road accidents, construction on the road, and many more. Winters in Virginia are snowy, therefore, some delays might happen if the roads get blocked due to the snow storms. Interstate movers Virginia has, will give you a time window for the delivery and will stay in touch with you through the transportation. If anything causes a delay they will let you know.
How can you help your movers?
Professionals can take care of every part of your relocation, you don’t even have to lift a finger. However, there are some things that you can do to help them. You can remove any obstacles that may block the entrance to your home. Park your car elsewhere for the day so that your interstate movers Virginia has, can come as close to your home as possible. This way they will be able to load your items in the truck faster.
Where are people that are moving to Virginia coming from?
As you can see Virginia is a great place to move to. For this reason, it doesn’t come as a surprise that so many people move there every year. People from the whole country come here to start a new life. We have looked into the moving statistics, and have found that people from certain states are more likely to move to Virginia than others. Therefore, let’s take a look at those states.
Every year many people decide to move from Oregon to Virginia with interstate movers in Virginia. Even though the cost of living in Oregon is much lower than in the state of Virginia, great job opportunities attract many people. Moreover, Virginia has been voted as one of the best states regarding financial plans! Just like we mentioned above, Virginia has a strong economy. If you compare the unemployment situation you will see that Oregon has a higher unemployment rate than Virginia. Oregon has 6%, while Virginia has only 4%. It is easy to find a great job here.
It is very common for people to move from Maryland to Virginia. Moreover, this is one of the number one destinations that residents of Maryland move to. Just in 2019 more than 27, 000 have decided to call Virginia their home. One of the main reasons for the relocation is the weather. Virginia has a bit milder climate. Also, Virginia is a much larger state and not as densely populated as Maryland. This means that you will have much more space here after relocating with interstate movers in Virginia.
Another great thing about moving here with cross country movers Virginia has to offer is that you will have many job opportunities. Just like in Oregon, the unemployment rate is higher in Maryland than in Virginia. In Maryland, the unemployment rate is 6,2%. While discussing jobs, it is important to mention that you will cut your commute time too. As we already mentioned, the state of Virginia is much larger, therefore, there are not as many people on the road. You will go from 31, 8 min to 27,5.
Believe it or not, a lot of Floridians move to Virginia. You must be wondering why would someone leave the Sunshine State to move to a completely different place. Well, some people enjoy a quieter life. And if you want to get away from the hustle and bustle of a big city like Miami, there is no better place for that than Virginia. On top of that, the cost of living in Virginia is lower than in Florida. If you decide to relocate to Richmond from Miami with one of the interstate moving companies Virginia has to offer, you will pay 17.12% less for groceries. The housing situation is the same. You will be able to save a lot of money by moving from Florida to Virginia. However, when it comes to the cost of utilities, especially electricity, expect to pay more. This is all due to the cold winters.
Where are residents of Virginia moving to?
Each year tens of thousands of people decide to leave Virginia. The highest number of residents moving out of the state are elderly. They represent around 55% of the out-of-state moves. This doesn’t come as a surprise. Usually, after retirement, people tend to leave in order to start a new chapter of their life close to their family or in a more tropical place like Florida. However, the elderly are not the only ones moving out of Virginia. People of all ages leave every year. Here we will take a look at some of the top states where Virginians are moving to.
Those that are used to living at the beach will be happy to know that Georgia has some great beaches too! This state has become quite popular among Virginians, in the last few years. Compared to Virginia the cost of living is lower by 7,9% in Georgia. You will pay 4,1% less for groceries and 6,3% less for transportation. Even the housing prices are lower. This is why many are moving from Virginia to Georgia with families. Great quality of life and southern hospitality has charmed many people.
One thing about Washington that many Virginians love is the fact that the state is pedestrian friendly. You can walk pretty much everywhere which is not the case in Virginia. A lot of people move to DC for well-paid government jobs. Moreover, a lot of young people move here with the help of cross country movers in Virginia for studies. Moreover, the state has a great location. You are just a short plane ride to some of the biggest cities like Miami, New York, Boston, and Chicago. Many Virginians that have moved here, say that the scenery is way better in Washington and that there are more outdoor activities to choose from.
There are plenty of reasons why people move to North Caroline from Virginia. The state has a lot to offer, great educational options, nice scenery, great employment opportunities, and a low cost of living. The cost of living in North Carolina is lower than the national average. When you compare the two states you will realize that life in Virginia is more expensive than in North Carolina by 15, 9%. The median home price is $335,198, while in North Carolina it’s $254,200. This is not a small difference, therefore, it doesn’t come as a surprise that this state is the choice of many.
Moving tips that will help you with your upcoming relocation
- The most pleasant weather for moving to Virginia is spring and fall. Winters can be really icy, and frequent snow can cause traffic jams. On the other hand, summers can be quite humid, so if you decide to move then, make sure both you and your cross country movers in Virginia are hydrated.
- And don’t forget to file a change of address information before you relocate to Virginia. That way, your mail is forwarded at the same time you move to your new home.
- Just like in any other big state Virginia is no exception when it comes to traffic. If you are moving to a smaller city you will have nothing to worry about, since traffic jams are not that common. However, in any of the major cities, try to avoid moving from 7 am to 9 am and 4 pm and 7 pm.
- Certain apartment buildings in Virginia practice moving permits and specific days for moving in. So, before you start searching for cross country moving companies in Virginia, make sure that you secure proper parking and choose the right day. If you need access to a special delivery area behind your building, make sure to arrange access. Another option you should consider is booking a freight elevator. You can obtain a moving permit by contacting your city hall. Signs that prohibit parking to anyone except your movers will be installed as soon as you get approved. For example, if you are located in Alexandria, VA you can reserve up to five parking spaces. To book your parking space you need to ask 3 to 4 days in advance.
- Be aware of moving scams when booking one of the cross country moving companies in Virginia. The cross country moving companies reviews Virginia will help you get more information about the company. This is one of the steps to see if a company is legitimate. You can make this process easier by using our database. We have already checked every company and made sure their paperwork is in order
Create a moving plan to make the relocation process simple
Before you start your interstate relocation the first thing that you need to do is create a proper moving plan. If you don’t do this, your relocation will not go as smoothly as it should. Even if you are moving from McKenney, VA to Henderson, NC you need to have a plan. This is a short 1h30 minutes drive but still, preparing everything is essential. It is easy to forget certain steps when you are without a plan. A good plan will let you stay on track and ensure that you don’t get overwhelmed by the number of things that you need to do. If you decide to hire a Virginia cross country moving company, they will take care of this.
Professional movers from interstate moving companies in Virginia know how to create a perfect moving plan. Everything is planned to the smallest detail. Interstate movers Virginia will calculate how much time they need for each task. This way they will avoid delays in the moving process. On top of that, they will assign a moving coordinator that will be there to help you understand the process, and keep you informed about everything. When you have to relocate from Fairfax VA to Columbus IN, for example, having a moving coordinator is a must. You will always know what is happening with your items, and whether some changes in delivery have occurred.
Who to notify when moving
While interstate movers in Virginia can take care of your move from start to finish, there is one thing that you will need to do on your own. You need to take care of your address change.
- If you are moving to or from Virginia with kids, make sure to contact their old school to transfer their transcripts to the new one.
- Contact your bank and notify them about your move, and give them your new address.
- Transfer utilities. Make sure to do this in advance. You don’t want to arrive at your new place and not have electricity or running water. Schedule appointments and take care of this before you move.
- Contact your health provider to transfer your reports to the place that you are moving to.
- Check if you need special documents to move with your pet. Moreover, your pet might need to get certain vaccines. Rules for pets differ from state to state, therefore, make sure to check with your vet. If you are moving into Virginia, there are no special entry requirements for your dog or cat. However, they need to be vaccinated for rabies if they are more than four months old.
- Contact the US postal services to notify them about your move.
- Cancel magazine and any other subscriptions you might have.
Compare moving companies before you choose one
One of the most important steps is to find reliable cross country movers in Virginia that can handle interstate moves with ease. There are several ways to find movers. You can go online and look for companies near you, ask your colleagues and friends to recommend you someone, or use social media. However, the safest and fastest way to find a reliable moving company that can help you relocate let’s say from Virginia to Idaho is by using the Verified Movers database.
What sets us apart from other similar platforms is the fact that you can see the reviews of other people. By going through the Virginia cross country moving companies reviews you will learn more about the company. You will know exactly how they treat people, their offers, and whether the majority of their clients are satisfied or not. This way you will be able to compare many cross country moving companies in Virginia before you pick one that you like the most. Moreover, you can request a few moving estimates. This way you will see which company suits your budget.
Rules and regulations
Before you decide which interstate moving companies in Virginia you want to hire, you need to know what are the traits of reliable moving companies. First of all, movers need to be licensed and insured. You can check if movers you are interested in hiring are licensed by looking them up on the Federal Motor Safety Association. To conduct interstate moves from and to Virginia each interstate moving company in Virginia needs to be registered with the FMCSA and needs to have a DOT number.
Interstate vs intrastate move
It may sound a bit confusing but the difference between these two moves is quite simple. Moving within the state borders is considered to be an intrastate move. However, not every move within the borders is intrastate. Only if the distance between point A and point B is more than 50 miles. For example, if you are planning to move from Arlington to Halifax then you would need intrastate movers. Anything under the 50 miles mark is considered to be a local move.
If you were about to move from Danville, VA to Greensboro, NC you would need the help of the cross country movers in Virginia. Even though the distance between the two cities is only 46 miles this is considered to be an interstate move, because you are crossing the state border. Keep this in mind when looking for movers. Many people get confused and think that they don’t need interstate movers for such a short distance.
Verified Movers can help you find both types of movers. If you have any doubts about which kind of movers you need, feel free to ask. We are here to clarify things for you and make the process of finding movers simple.
Another important thing to know is that you are not going to be charged hourly rates like you would for a local move. Instead, the price will depend on the weight of your shipment and the distance to be moved.
Should you DIY your move or let professionals handle it?
The question that everybody wants to know the answer to – which is better professional movers vs DIY move? Well, we would always recommend hiring professional interstate movers in Virginia for your relocation. We understand that a DIY move might sound like a good idea when planning to move from North Dakota to Virginia for example because you will save money. However, this is not true. When moving alone, a lot of things can go wrong. You don’t have enough experience, and you will not be able to find solutions to the issues that may arise during an interstate move. Also, by lifting heavy furniture before moving to or from Virginia without the knowledge of proper lifting postures you can hurt yourself or even break your items. In the end, you will end up spending more than if you were moving with professional movers.
Interstate movers from Virginia know how to plan everything and how to avoid moving issues. Once you book your movers you will get a moving coordinator, that will guide you throughout the relocation. Everything will be taken care of, from the start to the end of the move. The safety of your items is guaranteed and you are sure to have a seamless moving process. Since you will have plenty of free time you can relax and start looking for fun things to do once you arrive at your destination.
Verified Movers is the ally you can count on
Finding reliable movers is not an easy feat. One has a great challenge ahead, and plenty of details to be mindful of. However, while it is, by all means, daunting, know that your quest can be simpler and straightforward, so long as you turn to Verified Movers. Our platform serves the purpose of helping you find and further get in touch with the interstate moving companies in Virginia that best suit your needs and preferences. We make sure to update our database regularly, keeping you up to date with the best offers in the state of Virginia. In addition, we encourage honesty and transparency, which is why we encourage you to go through our comment section. Previous customers speak of the quality of moving services first-hand, giving you a unique and comprehensive stance on your choice.
You will have a much better relocation to or from Virginia with an experienced team. Let’s say that you are moving from Virginia to Kansas. The distance between the two states is 1,181miles, which means that you would have to drive for more than 17 hours in order to arrive at your new place. This is tiring and overwhelming. This is why reaching out to us and relying on the experience of our staff to find you the best movers is a good decision.
Moving with a professional cross country moving company in Virginia will allow you to enjoy your relocation process from start to finish. And, having a great moving experience is what you deserve in a time like this. After all, it is not every day that you are changing your life, and making such a big step forward, so make sure that you start on the right foot with the right moving team.
Have a smooth and simple relocation with proper assistance from cross country moving companies Virginia has to offer
Moving in or out of Virginia really does not have to be a complicated endeavor. You only need to make sure to get the few steps done right. First, find one of the best cross country moving companies Virginia offers that will suit you the most. Second, see that you organize your Virginia relocation properly and on time. Thirdly, try to enjoy the process, even if minor inconveniences occur. Verified Movers is here to help with all of the listed steps. Our platform will not only prove to be a great source of information concerning moving companies but also regarding quality moving advice. We are here to help you have the move you are hoping for. Reach out to us should you come across any questions or concerns.
Facts About Virginia
01. Main Information
Richmond, Virgina Beach, Norfolk, Fairfax, Roanoke
Mark Warner, Tim Kaine
Thus Always to Tyrants
02. Geo Population
Area (sq mi)