Are you planning on moving from Southaven MS to Memphis TN? That’s great! Memphis is wonderful this time a year. However, we think that you should know a few things before you decide to move to Grizzly City. From how to prepare for moving, to what to expect from Memphis, and how best to explore it. To be honest, there are a lot of things we need to cover.
However, don’t fret Verified movers are here to help. Today we are going to share with your our top tips, tricks, and recommendations for your next move to Memphis TN. It is our hope that by the end of the article, you’ll be equipped with the right tools and knowledge for a stress-free relocation. So, without further adieu, let’s get started.
Moving from Southaven MS to Memphis TN
So, let’s be frank. Moving from Mississippi to Tennessee is not that far. It’s around 350 miles. That’s about a ten-hour drive. While it is in-and-of-itself a big distance, it’s nothing compared to a cross country move like moving from Louisiana to California. That’s why the logistics of the move aren’t going to change drastically compared to a normal city to city move. With that being said, we recommend that you…
Figure out who you can ask for help.
So, there are two types of people who relocate. Those who never ask for help, and those who know better. Jokes aside, investing in reliable long-distance movers Memphis, is always a smart thing to do. Although, while there are a lot of reliable moving companies out there to choose from, the most important thing is that you actually hire professional help.
People who handle belongings 24/7, and who get paid to do it, are far better off with relocating your belongings than anyone else. Trust us, it pays to give a few extra bucks for that extra peace of mind, and a layer of security you get in a hectic thing like a relocation. Plus, by hiring movers you are also opening up your schedule, and are able to spend your time elsewhere. Like with friends and family members.
Don’t forget to declutter.
Another important tip we can give is that you should always declutter your belongings no matter where you are relocating. Not only will this cut down the cost of hiring long-distance moving companies Southaven, but it will also help you get a clear peace of mind, knowing exactly what you’ve packed for your relocation.
There are a lot of different methods for decluttering. However, we recommend that you stick to common sense. Remove any belongings that you have no use for, and that don’t spark joy. If for example, you haven’t worn a sweater for more than a year you probably don’t need it.
Moving from Southaven MS to Memphis TN: what to expect
Mississippi is a state located in the south region of the USA, much like Tennesse. However, while Mississippi is engulfed by the Mississippi River, Tennesse is landlocked. Geographically, these two states are far from alike. However, once you get down to the nitty-gritty of each state you quickly realize they are quite the same. They share the same river, after all. So, what should you expect from these two cities?
What to see
Memphis spans around 300 miles. It has a population of 651 000. You can say it’s a pretty large city.
- Downtown. This is the hub of the city. It’s where most people live in. As a result, the downtown area is vibrant with life before, during, and after work hours. You can easily take a walk on Main Street and enjoy dinner time at the Promenade or watch the sunset, and enjoy Memphis at it’s finest.
- The Edge. Unlike Downtown, The Edge has Victorian built houses, the house of blues, rock and roll, and good jazz. If you want to have a good time make sure to visit Sun Studio. The place where Johnny Cash and Elvis Presley made their first debut albums.
- Midtown. If you plan to relocate to Memphis, Midtown is the place you have to visit. Overton Square, Cooper-Young, and Broad Avenue are cultural melting pots. It would be a shame if you didn’t get to explore this beautiful part of the city. You want to call yourself a Memphian, Midtown is the place you have to visit.
- East Memphis. Is an educational hot-bed of the city. So, imagine places like the University of Memphis, Botanical Gardens, and Dixon Gallery and Gardens. They are all located here!
We would be remiss if we didn’t mention Graceland. The home of the one and only Elvis Presley. So, while it was originally the private mansion of our beloved king of rock and roll, from 1982 it was opened to the public. Now, you too can visit this beautiful home and enjoy unbelievable stories you’ve never known about Elvis.
Moving from Southaven MS to Memphis TN: what to do
As we have mentioned above, Memphis is a big city. There is a lot of things you can do. From having a stroll on the Mississippi River to taking a ride in a carriage downtown. There is something for everyone here.
- Listen to live music on Beale Street
- Taste awesome beer at Ghost River Brewing
- Explore different local art at Allie Cat Arts
- Watch and cheer for the Memphis Redbirds, Memphis Grizzlies, and Memphis Tigers.
These are just some of the options you can explore in Memphis. However, by no means is this an exhaustive list of things you can do in the Grizzly city. So, that’s why we recommend that you use these places as starting points for your journey of exploring all the wonderful activities Memphis has to offer. So, what are you waiting for? Use Verified movers to find the perfect moving company for you, and relocate today!