Moving is an exciting process that bears promises for betterment either in your personal or professional life, depending on the reason behind the move. With that in mind, it is normal to want to initiate this big change on the right foot. And that is why you should consider hiring cross country moving companies South Carolina has to offer. Professional movers have the job of ensuring your belongings reach their destination in the shortest, safest, and most efficient manner. Even if you’re going on an intrastate move, don’t underestimate the importance of hiring long distance moving companies South Carolina. As you can imagine, this will greatly put your mind at ease during an otherwise hectic and stressful process. With the help of an experienced moving team, you will be able to enjoy this big step in your life the way you should. So, make sure to check out Verified Movers database, and you will be quick to find some of the best moving companies South Carolina has to offer.
With Verified Movers at your side, no cross country relocation is impossible
All kinds of relocations, both intrastate and interstate, are complicated and hectic. Planning your move will take a lot of energy and time, especially when you start looking for suitable cross country moving companies South Carolina. That’s where we step in. We will help you save time and a piece of your mind by quickly finding and recommending some of the best cross country movers South Carolina. Visit our website and there you will find extensive databases with more than 20,000 moving companies. All you need to do then is to share some information about your relocation and in a few moments, we will give you many interstate movers South Carolina to choose from.
Besides giving you some of the best options for interstate moving companies South Carolina, we will help you throughout every stage of your move. If you have any questions, feel free to contact us. Also, you can visit Verified Movers blog, where you will find many tips and tricks that might help you with your move. Our first priority is the experience of our customers, so whenever we can, we will greatly help you to have a seamless and smooth relocation.
Intrastate or interstate moving? Which is right for you?
If your relocation requires you to move more than 100 miles while staying inside one state, that is an intrastate move. So, if you need to move from one place to another while staying inside South Carolina, you should look for an interstate move. If this is your case, we will gladly help you find movers that will help you relocate within South Carolina. On the other hand, if your move requires you to pass a state’s border, then you should look for an interstate move. More often than not, these relocations are called cross country relocations. When searching for movers most fit for you, choose cross country movers in South Carolina.
Hiring interstate movers South Carolina offers many advantages
When hiring interstate moving companies South Carolina, the advantages are numerous. Firstly, when talking about relocations, a lot of things can go wrong and spiral out of your control. The best advantage you will get from hiring professional help is the element of safety. Also, when preparing to move out of your home in South Carolina, it’s crucial that you pack each and every one of your items efficiently. Sometimes, if you don’t have enough experience or have a lot to pack, relying on professional assistance will help you greatly. Also, hiring cross country movers in South Carolina will save you a lot of time because the movers will move all your boxes quickly and efficiently. And then, many things can go wrong with the unloading and unpacking process as well. Sometimes, it’s better to let the movers deal with this than to waste many hours yourself.
See which services cross country moving companies South Carolina offer
There are some aspects of a relocation that, if not dealt with adequately, can quickly make the process even more complicated. Charleston is notorious for its bad traffic, so if you’re moving out of the biggest city in South Carolina, prepare to get stuck I’m many traffic jams. Instead of navigating the busy streets of this crowded city, let cross country movers in South Carolina help you. They will also help you with many aspects of your move even before leaving your home. Don’t put yourself in danger by disassembling and carrying large furniture by yourself. Interstate movers in South Carolina are experienced and will move large and heavy objects effortlessly.
Here are some of the most frequently required services people ask for:
- Long Distance Moving – Consider this moving option if you’re moving to another state or another city. No matter how far the state you’re moving to is from South Carolina, interstate moving companies in South Carolina will be of help to you.
- Packing Service – A lot of us have little to no packing experience. So, instead of wasting time and risking item damage, ask your cross country movers South Carolina for packing help. They have years of experience and practically endless packing supplies behind their back. If anyone can pack your valuables the right way, they can.
- Commercial Moving – If you want to move your business or office materials to another state, this is the right service for you. Movers will handle the equipment and documents in the safest way possible, ensuring you a safe and sound relocation.
- Junk Removal – When moving to a whole new state, sometimes it’s best to move with as few items as you can. Sometimes, you will be moving to a region with a different climate, so getting rid of your wardrobe will be helpful. Whatever junk you may have lying around, cross country movers in South Carolina will get rid of it for you, so it won’t hinder your move.
- Storage Services – If you need a place to store some of your items until your move is done, ask for storage services. Your items will remain in pristine condition in these temperature-controlled storage facilities.
Professional moving companies will handle your specialty items with extra care
People from South Carolina are known as a crafty and artsy bunch. Charleston’s beauty has long inspired artists and has drawn many tourists. So, it isn’t surprising that a lot of households have some valuable and precious items. While being a treat to look at on a daily basis, a lot of these items require extra care when moving. However, interstate moving companies South Carolina will gently handle these items and care for them during loading and transit.
Some of the best moving services for extra care items
- Piano Moving – Large musical instruments, like pianos, are large and awkward to move. Even the slightest damage can cause major problems, which are costly to fix. So, in order to prevent these problems from happening, find reliable movers that will move your piano without any problems.
- Pool Table Moving – A large number of South Carolinians are pool table enthusiasts. However, just like pianos, these large objects can be troublesome to move. If you are a pool owner, by hiring moving professionals, you can sleep soundly knowing that your precious pool table is handled only by the best.
- Auto moving – As we have already said before, large cities in South Carolina, like Charleston and Columbia, are famous for their awful traffic. If you don’t want to burden your wheeled pet when moving out of South Carolina, call interstate movers South Carolina and they will bring your car to the new location without it ever touching the road.
- Valuable and Fine Art Moving – South Carolinians enjoy culture and art, but when it’s time to move, some of them end up in a tricky situation. Instead of inadequately wrapping and packing your valuables and fine arts, let the professionals do it, and you won’t lose a night’s sleep.
How to know if your cross country moving company South Carolina is legitimate
Even though we would never recommend you a fraudulent company, sometimes it’s best to be sure. Every cross country move is regulated primarily by the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration. Also, every reliable moving company will hold the documents and certifications up so everyone can access and see them. Before an interstate relocation begins, your movers are legally bound to provide you with a guaranteed total price or a written estimate of total charges. When looking for cross country moving companies South Carolina, make sure that they have a PSC/ORS number. Also, this very number should be evident on both sides of their moving vans. Another thing all interstate movers should have are US DOT documents. If your chosen moving company doesn’t own these documents, reconsider hiring their services.
Tips that will keep you safe during your move
- Do background research – A large number of moving companies are legitimate, but some, unfortunately, are not. The best way to find out whether a moving company is fraudulent or not is to check its credentials. Also, the mover’s reviews and ratings are important as well. Another great way of being sure of a company’s credibility is if you get a recommendation from someone you trust.
- Insist on getting a written estimate – All genuine cross country movers South Carolina will gladly offer you an estimate before commencing the move. However, just keep in mind that the total moving cost might vary from the one presented in the estimate.
- Ask movers to make an inventory – A great way to keep your items safe during transit is to have an inventory. If something unpredictable happens and some of your items get damaged or ruined, with the inventory, you will have proof that the damages occurred during transit. If you can, use your phone or camera to take photos or videos of the items. This isn’t crucial, as a plain piece of paper will do the job just as well.
- Require a Bill of Lading – Always ask for a bill of lading. This document sets forth all the terms and conditions of your relocation. Study it thoroughly and make a copy, that way you won’t get scammed during your move.
Reviews offer insight into the company’s credibility
Although we try our best to offer you only the proven and trusted cross country moving companies in South Carolina, we still encourage you to do a background check. This will help you greatly to identify fraudulent relocation companies. If the documents and licenses mentioned above check out then it’s time to turn to cross country moving companies South Carolina reviews. Past customers that had a positive experience are likely to leave a positive review and a high rating. So, whenever you are looking for moving companies, always pay attention to their reviews. That’s the best way to be sure that the company is safe and genuine. Also, if you are content with the provided services from cross country moving companies South Carolina, make sure to leave a review. This will help us match good moving companies with future customers.
How to spot a fraudulent moving company from the start
Sometimes, you can tell that a moving company is a scam even before looking at their reviews. There are many ways to find out whether the movers are legitimate, but if you come across something like this, turn away immediately. The first example that a moving company is an obvious scam is when they try to force you to sign a non-binding estimate. This is just a scam waiting to happen. When you sign a non-binding estimate, the company will exploit every way to charge you more money than they’re worth. Another example that you should stay clear of, is when movers give you a surprisingly low moving estimate. No legitimate moving company would do that.
Other examples of fraudulent movers are if they are always in a hurry, rushing you to conclude a deal with them. Also, if the movers are dodging your calls, or if they are rude and unfriendly towards you, feel free to go for another moving company.
Moving trends in South Carolina
Although the frequency of relocations within the USA has decreased compared to past decades, Americans are still considered one of the most mobile nations. People move constantly, both to the neighboring cities and faraway states. So, it’s no surprise that the moving industry is one of the most developed ones. South Carolina is no exception and cross country moving companies in South Carolina have their hands full with work. Even before and after the start of the pandemic of coronavirus, people have been moving to South Carolina. So, it’s not that surprising that a lot more people are moving to South Carolina than moving out. To be precise, total inbound is presumed to be 63.3%, while outbound is 36.7%. Even on a national scale, South Carolina has one of the highest numbers of newcomers.
There are many reasons why so many people decide to come to South Carolina. The popularly named Palmetto State has breathtaking landscapes and mesmerizing coasts. Another reason that this state is the desired target for newcomers is its low cost of living. Compared to the national average, Palmetto State has a 6% lower living cost. Pretty much everything is affordable here, from housing costs to groceries and transportation costs. However, a surprising fact is that the biggest group of newcomers are actually retirees. Sure, South Carolina has enjoyable weather and many cultural and outdoor leisure activities. But the thing that makes Palmetto state the number one destination for retirees (only second to Florida) is its tax benefits.
Why retirees love South Carolina
Interstate movers in South Carolina help retirees move to Palmetto State more often than younger people. While this state is still a good destination for young people who are looking for a place to start a family, retired people love South Carolina. The low retirement taxes, combined with an affordable living cost, make this state perfect for the golden years. Here are some of the best retiree tax benefits:
- You can get up to $10,000 in retirement income deductions – Folks older than 65 can deduct up to $10,000 in retirement income.
- Your social security cannot be taxed
- You can get a bonus of $15,000 in deductions from state income tax
Other than low taxes and retiree tax benefits, there are plenty of other reasons why older people prefer Palmetto State. It has one of the best healthcare systems and numerous outdoor recreations. Plenty of open spaces and fresh air, together with mild winters, will keep you up and running.
Other reasons people move to South Carolina
Apart from finding a good place to enjoy your retirement, there are other reasons people move to South Carolina. 28.85% of people who move to Palmetto State do it because of their family, and 23.66% do it for the change in their lifestyle. Other reasons cross country moving companies South Carolina help people move to South Carolina are for their employment (19.18%), for lower living costs (13.26%), and for quality healthcare (4.66%). Although South Carolina has well over 5 million people, it is still one of the states with the lowest population density. This made it a popular destination when the pandemic broke out, increasing the number of people moving in. Whether this will revert or not remains to be seen after the pandemic is through.
To which states do South Carolinians move the most
When it comes to state to state moving, South Carolinians are restless, so it isn’t a surprise that there are many cross country moving companies South Carolina around. A whopping 21.5% of people who move out of South Carolina, 27,740 to be precise, move to its northern neighbor, North Carolina. Not only is this neighboring state the most popular destination for people in Palmetto State, but people from North Carolina love their southern neighbors as well. For North Carolinians, South Carolina is their number one destination, and around 34,000 people move here on a yearly basis. Another example that South Carolinians love their neighbors is that around 14.6% of residents that moved from Palmetto State, moved to Georgia. With the help of cross country moving companies in South Carolina, around 18,000 people move to Georgia every year.
While North Carolinians are fond of their neighbors, a large part of the population moves to other states that are a bit more far away. For obvious reasons, people from South Carolina love living in Florida, so it isn’t surprising that almost 10,000 people (which is a bit above 7% of all residents who move out) move there every year. The love is reciprocated since around 14,000 Floridians move to South Carolina as well. Other popular destinations for North Carolinians are Virginia (more than 9,000 people move there), Texas (approximately 9,000), and California (up to 5,800 people move and make California their home).
South Carolinians love their neighbors
People love moving from one Carolina to the other all the time. However, there are some minor differences, mostly in the favor of South Carolina, since more people move in than out. While North Carolina has double the population of its southern neighbor (10 million), the prices are fairly similar. Both states have below the national average living cost, but South Carolina is slightly cheaper to live in than North Carolina. Groceries and other activities, like dining out, are seemingly identical, but transportation costs are lower in Southern Carolina.
Another place where interstate movers in South Carolina help people relocate is Georgia. However, unlike North and South Carolina, the difference with Georgia is more noticeable. All expenses included, Georgia is 6.4% more expensive to live in than South Carolina. The biggest difference, surprisingly, are transportation costs. For the same amount of gas, you will have to pay 19.4% more in Georgia than in Palmetto State. Median household income is quite larger in Georgia, and following that trend, housing is more expensive (around 6% to be exact).
How to calculate your moving costs
Every move will require you to invest quite a sum. Naturally, cross-country relocations will cost more than local ones. However, the price can differ quite a lot, and getting an exact number is impossible. There are more than a few factors that you need to take into consideration.
- The size of your household – One of the biggest factors when it comes to moving costs, is the number of your items. The more you have to move, the more you will have to pay. That’s why we advise you to declutter your home before a move.
- The date of your move – While it’s crucial that you book a date as early as you can, you can decrease your moving costs if you plan smartly. Moving in winter is usually cheaper, especially since you won’t have any snow-related problems. South Carolina is known for its gentle winters. Moving during summer and late spring can increase the cost.
- Day of the week – Even moving on different days in the week can make a difference in moving costs. Moving on weekends, when there’s a higher demand, can be pricier than moving from Monday to Friday.
- Hiring a moving company – While choosing to hire some professional interstate movers in South Carolina can be more costly, it comes with many advantages. We will discuss the pros and cons of hiring professional movers later in the text.
- Moving Insurance – One more thing that can drive up the cost of your relocation is moving insurance. Different interstate movers South Carolina have varying types of insurance, and their prices can vary just as much. When looking for cross country moving companies in South Carolina, be sure to go through the moving insurance they offer.
How to know if you should hire professionals or do a DIY move
When planning a budget for your move, it might seem appealing to opt out for a DIY move. Sure, going for a Do-It-Yourself relocation will be easier for your wallet, but that’s where the pros stop. You will be the one who needs to pack, load, drive and unload all the items from your household. If you are not experienced enough, you can inadequately pack some of your items, which can result in them getting damaged.
Also, if you choose not to ask for help from cross country moving companies South Carolina, you will have to take care of some other expenses. First, you will need to rent a moving van and all the necessary tools. Then, since you will be moving to a different state, you should acquire a moving permit. These are just some of the extra costs that await you should you decide to go the DIY route.
Sometimes the main reason why you would choose to do a DIY move can trick you. Since you are doing an interstate move, a lot of unforeseen problems can occur, which will result in you paying hefty sums to deal with them. Sometimes you will end up spending more money on dealing with the problems than you’d spend on hiring movers. Remember, interstate moving companies in South Carolina have a lot of experience and with them by your side, no problems will happen that could result in delays or fees.
What are the advantages of hiring reliable cross country moving companies in South Carolina?
- You will have a piece of mind – When you choose to hire professional interstate moving companies South Carolina, your items will get the best possible treatment there is.
- You will save time and energy when hiring professionals – Interstate movers South Carolina will quickly pack, carry, load, and unload every item from your household. The movers will also adequately pack everything since they have a lot of experience and practically limitless packing material. Also, when you let the movers guide your move and handle all the annoying aspects of the move, you will save both energy and time. Furthermore, hiring interstate movers in South Carolina will give you some time to deal with other aspects of the move.
- You won’t be putting yourself at risk – Choosing to get help from professionals will be much safer for you. You won’t have to carry large boxes and heavy furniture pieces. Also, your items are more likely to get damaged if you are the one carrying them.
One thing that will help you choose the most optimal cross country moving companies South Carolina is to compare the prices of their services
When calculating your moving costs, we have already said that hiring a moving company can play a big part in your overall budget. If you are trying to find the best use for your money, don’t forget to browse through our extensive databases at Verified Movers reviews. After sharing some minimal info about your move, we will give you a list of potential candidates. A lot of interstate moving companies in South Carolina will offer you a free moving estimate, which is helpful when it comes to planning a moving budget. Acquire these free estimates from every potential moving company and all you need to do is compare the numbers. You might save some money this way when planning your relocation.
Costs of some of the most common state-to-state relocations relating South Carolina
If you are moving from South Carolina to North Carolina, which is one of the most popular relocations happening in this region, here are some moving estimates:
- Studio apartment – $720 – $900
- 1-room apartment – $720 – $900
- 2-room apartment – $1000 – $1260
- 3-room apartment – $1320 – $1660
- 4-room apartment – $1670 – $2100
- 5-room apartment – $2050 – $2570
If you plan to move to Georgia from South Carolina, here are some moving estimates:
- Studio apartment – $770 – $960
- 1-room apartment – $1040 – $1300
- 2-room apartment – $1340 – $1680
- 3-room apartment – $1670 – $2100
- 4-room apartment – $2030 – $2550
- 5-room apartment – $2430 – $3050
Another popular relocation option is from South Carolina to Florida, and here’s what you can expect from the moving costs:
- Studio apartment – $770 – $960
- 1-room apartment – $1040 – $1300
- 2-room apartment – $1340 – $1680
- 3-room apartment – $1680 – $2100
- 4-room apartment – $2040 – $2560
- 5-room apartment – $2430 – $3050
Best way to plan your relocation to or from South Carolina
Interstate relocations are more complex than intrastate ones, so it’s only logical that the planning is more complicated. After all, you are moving to a whole new state. So, the best way for you to plan your move-out is to do it thoroughly and to do it on time. Grab a notebook and a pen and make a moving checklist. Count all your tasks and handle them one at a time. When you plan your move well in advance, it will be simpler and smoother. One of the tasks that can require you to spend a lot of time is finding just the right interstate movers in South Carolina. So, don’t waste any more of your precious time and visit our website. There you will find our detailed database and Verified Movers reviews, so you can find the perfect cross country moving companies South Carolina for you.
Some tasks that you can do in advance to make your relocation easier
- Contact your cross country moving companies in South Carolina and set up a date at least two months in advance. Even better if you can do it four to six months prior to your move.
- Contact your utility provider and organize a cancelation of your utilities on your move-out day. Then, contact utility providers for your new home. The last thing you want is to spend the first day in your home in darkness.
- Gather all your important documents and medical records and make copies, both physical and digital.
- Cancel your location-bound subscriptions, such as newsletters and magazines.
- Inform postal services about your change of address.
- And of course, don’t forget to get in touch with all your friends, family members, employers, and colleagues and tell them about your move.
- Do a deep clean of your home, and set aside items you wish to discard before your move.
FAQs about cross country moving companies South Carolina
While we have tried to cover every nuance of your upcoming cross country move, there might still be some questions unanswered. You can always ask us about anything that crosses your mind, but in order to save you some time, we have collected some of the most frequently asked questions about interstate moves.
If some of my belongings get damaged during relocation, will I get compensated?
In the majority of cases, yes, you will get compensated. The best way to know for certain is to study the moving insurance you get from your moving company. Before you sign a deal with cross country movers in South Carolina, you will get a few options for your insurance. See which scenarios they cover and choose the best one for you.
Are there some items cross country movers in South Carolina won’t move?
Yes, and you should see in advance if some of your items will be denied. Contact your movers and ask whether some of your items will be moved or not. Although, anything flammable, explosive, and hazardous will never be loaded into the van. Another thing a lot of people don’t consider non-negotiable items are the perishables. And we aren’t talking only about the food. More often than not, movers won’t agree to move any of your plants.
Should I help movers?
While it is kind to offer help, you are under no obligation whatsoever. Movers are paid and expected to do all the carrying and loading/unloading. When the crew of movers arrives at your home, one of them should be the move manager. That person is responsible for the actions of the entire crew, so if you have any questions, feel free to talk with the move manager.
Even if you want to help the movers, you can sometimes block their way and delay the whole process. While being around is recommended, let the movers do their job. You can tell them about some tricky parts of your home, like staircases and doorframes, which can be hard to maneuver. If you really want to help the moving crew, you can always treat them with coffee and snacks. Leaving a tip, if you are content with the services, is desired. A good rule of thumb is to give around $5 to $10 per person for each hour of work.
Cross country moving companies by cities in South Carolina
- Cross country moving companies Charleston
- Cross country moving companies Columbia
- Cross country moving companies North Charleston
- Cross country moving companies Mount Pleasant
- Cross country moving companies Rock Hill
- Cross country moving companies Greenville
- Cross country moving companies Summerville
Reach out to Verified Movers for reliable cross country moving companies South Carolina
Verified Movers is here to provide you with the proper choice of reliable moving companies. Our platform is easy to navigate and user-friendly, allowing you to find what you need quickly and without much fuss. It is also brimful with useful information on cross country moving companies South Carolina. Apart from learning about the services they offer, you will also get to read about the quality of their assistance. Our company encourages honesty and transparency, which is why you can turn to our reviews section for some genuine first-hand experiences. We wish to provide you with an all-encompassing insight into these company’s services, thus helping you make the soundest choice in your moving team. Make sure to reach out to us should you have any questions or concerns, and we will be happy to help.
Facts About South Carolina
01. Main Information
Charleston, Columbia, Greenville, Myrtle Beach, Florence
Lindsey Graham, Tim Scott
While I Breathe I Hope
The Palmetto State
02. Geo Population
Area (sq mi)